Wednesday, January 6, 2016

RMODB, Goal Number One: Cleaning out the Nook App

I bought my first iPad in 2011. The first thing I did, obviously, was go exploring on iBooks (more about that another time). A few days later, I realized that the other ereader companies had apps that I could download. My Kindle app is a travesty in and of itself—I should never have downloaded so many free ebooks. I knew I wasn't going to read them. The Kobo app is empty but for the third Hunger Games book, which I couldn't find on iBooks when I was reading them and was in too much of a hurry to check on Amazon. I hadn't yet discovered BookShout or Comixology.

Which leaves the Nook app.

The Nook app has never been a big purchasing space for me; mainly because you can't actually buy books in the app and have to go on B&N, and is a far more complicated process than Amazon. But sometimes, there were books on sale there that weren't on iBooks or Amazon, and I bought them there for that reason. I haven't bought a new Nook Book from B&N for goodness knows how long, but I still have about a third of the books left to read. My Nook library includes:

The Prince: A Selection Novella  by Kiera Cass (read)
Curses! A Fucked-Up Fairy Tale by J. A. Kazimer (DNF)
Her First Billionaire by Julia Kent (read)
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith (read)
Lord Gray's List by Maggie Robinson (read)
The Fake Husband by Michelle Grotewohl (read)
Perfect Chemistry by Simon Elkeles (read)
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (read)
Loving a Lost Lord by Mary Jo Putney (read)
Metropolis by Elizabeth Gaffney
Violins of Autumn by Amy McAuley
Quarantine: The Loners by Lex Thomas
A Breath of Eyre by Eve Marie Mont (read)
Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally (read)
Uninvited by Sophie Jordan
To Marry a Prince by Sophie Page (read)
To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis (in progress)
Love and Lists by Tara Sivec
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (read)
Wrong Bed, Right Guy by Katee Robert (read)
The Sound of Us by Ashley Poston (read)
His Prairie Princess by Kit Morgan (read)
Sovay by Celia Rees
The Luxe by Anna Godberson (read)
Alienated by Melissa Landers (read)
Kindred by Nicola Claire
Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin (in progress)

So, with about ten books left to read, I don't really have a good excuse for not getting them read or cast aside this year. Some of these books have been on my to-read list for years, and I just haven't been in the right mood to read them. Being in the right mood can make or break a book, and I haven't wanted to risk it by reading something at the wrong time. So hopefully, I'll have the sense to come to this list when I'm looking for a particular type of novel.  

Once that's done, Maybe I'll look into cleaning out iBooks.

Hypatia help us all.







No comments:

Post a Comment